Code of Conduct
Django: Under The Hood aims to be a welcoming event, where people meet in a friendly environment. Accordingly, all participants are expected to show respect and courtesy to other participants throughout the conference.
To make clear what is expected, all delegates/attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers and volunteers at any Django: Under The Hood event are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code before and throughout the event.
- Django: Under The Hood is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
- We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
- Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Don’t publish individual photographs of people without their consent. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for Django: Under The Hood.
- Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate for Django: Under The Hood.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact one of the organizers immediately.
If the matter is especially urgent, please call Django: Under The Hood staff:
- Ola (female staff member): +31 653 905 010
- Baptiste (male staff member): +31 653 906 648
If you’re currently afraid of your physical safety or are in danger, contact local law enforcement in the Netherlands:
- Emergency (Fire, Medical, Police): 112
The staff is well informed on how to deal with the incident and how to further proceed with the situation. Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.